Comment on page
Hush hush things
By accessing our using the Platform, you represent and warrant that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age. If you are under the age of eighteen (18), you may not, under any circumstances or for any reason, use the Platform. Please report to us any instances involving the use of the Platform by individuals under the age of 18, should they come to your knowledge.
Below are the categories of “Personal Information” (any information that directly or indirectly identifies, relates to, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated, linked, or linkable with a particular individual, including any information that is subject to applicable data protection laws) that may be collected:
- IP address, MAC address, log files, domain server, data related to usage, performance, website security, traffic patterns, location information, browser, and device information through the use of Google Analytics – only when you are using the Platform;
- Wallet addresses (public blockchain addresses), transactions, and balance information (blockchain data) that is accessible when interacting with the Platform; We use public blockchain addresses to identify a user’s journey through our product. We collectively group and analyze these user journeys to improve our product user experience. We do not use this data for any purpose at an individual user level. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, such as monitoring and improving the Platform, the proper protection of the Platform against risks, and partly the contract performance basis to provide you with the Platform. Note that we are not responsible for your use of any of the blockchains and your data processed in these decentralized and permissionless networks;
- Log Files. Genie follows a standard procedure of using log files by Google Analytics. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and this kind of Personal Data may also be collected as a part of hosting services' analytics. The data collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These kinds of data may be linked to data that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the data collection and processing is to analyze trends, administer the website, track users' movement on the website, and gather demographic information;
- Genie may also engage third-party advertising platforms that are triggered only when their technical features (so-called “pixels”) are enabled through the Platform. The mentioned third-party advertising platforms may collect the Personal Data of the Platform’s visitors only with the purpose of optimizing their advertising possibilities through their platforms, targeting you with their advertisements, and possibly sharing your data with other advertising platforms and agencies for further use. Genie may engage with the mentioned Personal Data of Platform visitors.
- Other third-party sources: social media. If you choose to link the User Account with a social media service (Telegram, Twitter, Discord etc.), we collect your permission to access certain information from your profile with that social media service. If you post or engage with a separate social media service or interact with us on our page with any social media service, we may collect Personal Information about you related to those interactions.
In no event, are we going to ask you to share your private keys or wallet seed. Never trust anyone or any website that asks you to enter your private keys or wallet seed.
We will only process your Personal Information where we have legal grounds to do so. We may use Personal Information for a variety of purposes, including, without limitation:
- Our internal and operational purposes, when: ensuring security, identifying irregular website behavior, preventing fraudulent activity, and improving security at all possible levels;
- Assessing and improving the performance of the Platform: including a better understanding of how users access and use our Services, evaluating and improving our Services and business operations, and developing new features, offerings, and services; to monitor user interest in our products and Services; to troubleshoot problems that may arise on the Services; to improve the accuracy of our user database; to increase our understanding of our user database; and for other research and analytical purposes.
- Analyzing our website visitors’ actions to improve our Platform through the use of Google Analytics (Section “Cookies and Automatically Collected Data”);
- Analyzing the Platform behavior, including via Google Analytics (please refer to Google's Analytics Policy for more information);
- Securing and protecting our business: including protecting and securing our business operations, assets, Services, network, and information and technology resources; to investigate, prevent, detect, and take action regarding fraud, unauthorized access, situations involving potential threats to the rights or safety of any person or third-party, or other unauthorized activities or misconduct.
To clear any doubts, we may use the Personal Data described above or any other Personal Data:
- On the basis of contract performance or necessity to enter into a contract (where the Personal Data is required for us to perform our undertakings and obligations in accordance with a contract we are entering into when you use our Services, or where we are at the negotiations phase);
- To respond to legal requests of authorities, provide information upon court orders and judgments, or if we have a good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary in order to comply with official investigations or legal proceedings initiated by governmental and/or law enforcement officials, or private parties, including but not limited to: in response to subpoenas, search warrants or court orders, and including other similar statutory obligations we or our processors are subjected to;
- On the basis of your consent; and
- On other legal bases set forth in the personal data protection laws.
In continuation of legal bases for collecting and processing the Personal Data, We may disclose any Personal Data about you:
- In connection with a merger, division, restructuring, or other association change; or
- To our subsidiaries or affiliates (if any) only if necessary for operational purposes. If we must disclose any of your Personal Data in order to comply with official investigations or legal proceedings initiated by governmental and/or law enforcement officials, we may not be able to ensure that such recipients of your Personal Data will maintain the privacy or security of your Personal Data.
- Service providers: We may disclose Personal Information with third-party service providers who use this information to perform services for us, such as hosting providers, auditors, advisors, consultants, customer service, and/or support providers.
- Advertising and Marketing Partners: We may share Personal Information with third parties that provide advertising, campaign measurement, online and/or mobile analytics, and related services. These third parties may receive or access browsing and/or other data about your use of the Services, in order to help us better reach individuals with relevant ads and/or measure our ad campaigns, and/or to better understand how individuals interact with our Services over time and across devices.
Genie maintains Personal Data exclusively within the time needed to follow prescribed herein legal purposes. When we no longer need Personal Data, the limitation period for storage of such Personal Data has expired, you have withdrawn your consent or objected to our or our processors’ legitimate interests, we securely delete or destroy it unless the statutory requirements we, our processors or other controllers are subjected to stipulate otherwise. Aggregated data, which cannot directly identify a device/browser (or individual) and is used for purposes of reporting and analysis, is maintained for as long as commercially necessary till you object to the processing of such data or withdraw your consent.
Sometimes legal requirements oblige us to retain certain data, for specific purposes, for an extended period of time. Reasons we might retain some data for longer periods of time include:
- Security, fraud & abuse prevention;
- Financial monitoring and record-keeping;
- Complying with legal or regulatory requirements;
- Ensuring the continuity of your interaction with the Platform.
The data automatically collected from cookies and web beacons may include information about your web browser (such as browser type and browser language) and details of your visits to the Platform, including traffic data, location data and logs, page views, length of visit, and website navigation paths as well as information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address and how you interact with the Platform. We collect this data in order to help us improve the Platform and interaction with it.
The information we collect automatically may also include statistical and performance information arising from your use of the Platform. This type of data will only be used by us in an aggregated and pseudonymized manner.
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To get more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, please find it on the browsers' respective websites:
Under certain circumstances, you may have a number of privacy rights concerning the use, storage, and processing of your Personal Data (e.g., the right to delete your data). Here is a list of privacy rights:
- Right of access – You may ask us whether we process your Personal Data and you have the right to request a copy of the data we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – You have the right to correct inaccurate or incomplete data about you.
- Right to be forgotten – You can ask for the Personal Data that we hold about you to be erased from our system and we will comply with this request unless we have a legitimate reason, legal requirement, and other statutory basis not to do so. Even if we can delete (erase) the Personal Data subject to our active (ongoing) processing activities and cease its processing, we will nevertheless retain this particular Personal Data in our backup and archive storage to fulfill our statutory and other requirements.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply, you can ask us to ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organization and to receive Personal Data in a structured, commonly used format. Please email to find out whether we currently support the provision of the portable file containing Personal Data we process about you.
- Right to object - You can object to the processing of your data by emailing at any time for reasons that arise from your special situation provided the data processing is based on our legitimate interest or that of a third party, or where we carry out profiling, use machine learning or automated decision-making algorithms. In this case, we will no longer process your Personal Data. The latter does not apply if we are able to prove there are compelling, defensible reasons for the processing that outweigh your interests or if we require your data to assert, exercise, or defend legal claims.
- Right to withdraw consent - withdraw the consent you gave us with regard to the processing of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
- Right to complain - we take your rights very seriously. However, if you are of the opinion that we have not dealt with your complaints adequately, you have the right to submit a complaint to the data privacy protection authorities responsible. You can send your complaints to the EEA supervisory authority of your country of residence.
Transfers to third countries shall be made subject to appropriate safeguards, namely Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the supervisory authority and approved by the Commission. Copy of the foregoing appropriate safeguards may be obtained by you upon a prior written request sent. We may instruct you on further steps to be taken with the purpose of obtaining such a copy, including your obligation to assume confidentiality commitments in connection with disclosing the Genie proprietary and personal information of third parties as well as terms of their relationships with Genie.
Keep in mind that the use of the Platform based on public blockchains is intended to immutably record transactions across wide networks of computer systems. Many blockchains are open to forensic analysis which can lead to deanonymisation and the unintentional revelation of Personal Data, in particular when blockchain data is combined with other data. Because blockchains are decentralized or third-party networks that are not controlled or operated by us, we are not able to erase, modify, or alter Personal Data from such networks.
We take data security very seriously. We work hard to protect the Personal Data you provide us from loss, misuse, or unauthorized access. We utilize a variety of safeguards such as encryption, digital and physical access controls, non-disclosure agreements, and other technical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Data submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is at rest.
Please note that no electronic transmission, storage, or processing of Personal Data can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard Personal Data will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective. Therefore, although we are committed to protecting your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect that your Personal Data will always remain private or secure.